Error : Text No. 1965-0 does not exist in the .stx file???

kishi_gkishi_g Member Posts: 162
Hi,
I had one Navision backup. when i restore that backup it gets error.

There are errors in the text conversion (Text No. 1965-0 does not exist in the .stx file).

Internal Error:47-1

how can i resolve this issue???

Thanks & Regards,
Kishore.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Are you restoring a 5.0 database with a 4.0 exe?

The stx has the following text

// Send-To Program Table
    01965-00000-030-1: Send-To Program
    01965-00001-030-1: Program ID
    01965-00002-030-1: Executable
    01965-00003-030-1: Parameter
    01965-00004-030-1: Name
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • kishi_gkishi_g Member Posts: 162
    hi Rasheed,
    Thanks for ur reply.Iam restoring LSRetail5.0 in NAV4.0 SP3. LS5.0 supports NAV SP3.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kishore.
    LS5.0 supports NAV SP3.

Obviously it doesn't as you can see.
    Why are you using 4.0 sp3 exe?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

you could copy a 5.0 fin.stx and load it in 4.0 enu and other languages folder
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

OK. Thanks for ur valuable sugestion. In India NAV5.0 not released.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kishore.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    kishi_g wrote:
    hi Rasheed,
    Thanks for ur reply.Iam restoring LSRetail5.0 in NAV4.0 SP3. LS5.0 supports NAV SP3.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kishore.

May be it is supported, but cannot be "downgraded" in this backup&restore way. You need to export it as text and merge it into SP3 DB...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    There are a lot of 5.0 objects that he would need downgrade or ignore during downgrading it to the 4.0 sp3.
    It's not worth it unless you are looking for a specific feature that they implemented in 5.0.

Why are you using the 5.0 LS Retail instead of 4.0 sp3?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

In LS5.0 release notes they said it supports Nav4.0 SP3.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kishore.
  • DriesDries Member Posts: 29
    I just fixed the same issue today.

The main reason for this problem is the that you don't have the right Navision version.

Get the right version and install it from the scrutch.

Success.
    Idriss.
    I installed fresh version again it gets the same error when i take the backup.

Is it possible to take the backup without any data loss??

is it possible to resolve this problem???

Thanks & regards,
    Kishore.
  • StLiStLi Member Posts: 83
    Hi,

I have a simular Problem but i can't simply make a technical upgrade to 5.0.1

Apparently someone tried to open the DB with the wrong version of navision and it started to convert the DB. But our client doesn't want to upgrade so i need to undo the changes made during conversion.

is there any way to do so?

thanks a lot!

p.s. apparently everything but scrolling down to the last table in the Object Designer still works fine.
    You can try to replace the fin.stx with the one from newer version. It is worth the try....
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • StLiStLi Member Posts: 83
    well but that would mean that our client might need to change that too some time. and the other 4.03 projects we support (which haven't been converted) might get further problems when we run them on this modified client.

I don't want to fight the symptoms. I really need to rollback that convertion if any possible... where does navision call these stx. files? aren't they somehow in a relation to hidden tables or something like that?
    Is the DB on SQL or Native? If SQL, you can try to search the Object table for system table which is only in NAV 5 and not in 4 and delete it from there (e.g. Record Link).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • mark_aumark_au Member Posts: 40
    As Kine said, if this has happened in SQL you can delete the system tables which should not exist in a Version 4 database, although you'd have to do it through Management Studio.

If the issue is with a C/Side database which I'm assuming it is, you will need to contact Microsoft and ask them to help you with the issue. You'll need a merged STX file to do what you require. I've had the issue before which is caused by a Version 5 client not informing the user it's performing an upgrade when you connect to an earlier version through a Database Server. There's a KB for the V5 client, but I can't find it :(.

Both the V4 and the V5 STX files don't contain enough information for you to open the database, you need a merged version, then you have to backup the database with this and restore it to a fresh V4.X database using the correct client. Quite a pain unfortunately!