Aging reports

reemareema Member Posts: 255
Hi,
I am focusing to learn Navision. Regarding aging reports I have some doubts.
I could not understand the use of Customer - Summary Aging, Customer Detailed Aging reports.
Could u explain the functionality of aging reports.
Please give some example regarding the use of aging reports.
In Navision what about sales register ?
Sales register and customer register are same ?

Thanks and regards.
reema

Answers

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Aging reports are part of the very basis of an accounting package.

Simply googleing the words Aging Report - I bet would provide you an answer. In fact Nav's help screen has info on the accounts receiveable aging report.

Accounts Receivable = Customers
    Accounts Payable = Vendors

In the aging report there is an options tab where you can set the length of the aging periods. Usually it is set for 30D (30 days). Ther report once run will show you the customer's balances split by there periods so you can determine how old some of the the orders are or how stretched out you have provided credit.

If 30Days is used the periods will be
    Current 1-30 Days
    31-60 Days
    61-90 Days
    Over 90 Days

ex/
    If I gave a customer terms of NET30 and his balance is 5,000 in the over 90 column I will be very upset.

The detail report shows you every transaction of that customer and the summary will just give you totals for that customer.

Filter OPEN=YES
    Aging report: An aging report is a list of customers' accounts receivable amounts and their due dates. It alerts you to any slow-paying customers. You can also prepare an aging report for your accounts payable, which will help you manage your outstanding bills.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Sales register and customer register are same ?

Sales register is mandatory for Sales Tax/VAT/Excise purposes which chronically shows the sales invoices. Customer register will have all the transaction entered into with the customer including Invoice, Payment, Credit memo, refund etc.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    Thanks Ssingla,

What about sales register in Navision. If it is there what is the form no.
    When open register in sales & receivables I am getting G/L register.
    What about sales register in Navision.

Thanks and regards
    reema
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    You can use report 103 customer register if it can serve the purpose.
    I am not aware if the latest hot fix have provided any sales register as per Indian requirements but earlier I used to get it customized.

There is a download available you can modify it to include sales tax/excise/TDS etc
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17097&highlight=sales

I have found it to be very useful (Thanks to Alex =D> )
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    Thanks Savatage, Ssingla. \:D/
    reema