Navision Limitations

sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
Hi All,

I would like to ask if there are any limitations for the following in Navision 4.0

1. Maximum Dimension Values ( How many Dimension Values we can create for a Global Dimension?)
2. How many maximum replication session we can create under one company using LS Retail?
3.How many maximum companies we can create under one database?
4. How we can do consolidation if we have multiple companies under one database?

I will appreciate quick repnoses please.

Kind regards
Sajid

Comments

• sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
    Hi All,

I would like to ask if there are any limitations for the following in Navision 4.0

1. Maximum Dimension Values ( How many Dimension Values we can create for a Global Dimension?)
    2. How many maximum replication session we can create under one company using LS Retail?
    4. How we can do consolidation if we have multiple companies under one database?
    5. Does Navision client for SQL or Native works under Windows Vista? I am getting some problems and unable to load navision sql client on windows visa OS.

I will appreciate quick repnoses please.

Kind regards
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    1. Unlimited dimension values.

It would depend on hardware and network and how much data you are transfering. Most of the bottleneck is in network bandwidth..

Depends on hardware, I have seen a database with 80 companies.
    5. Navision has a consolidation granule.
    5. Does Navision client for SQL or Native works under Windows Vista? I am getting some problems and unable to load navision sql client on windows visa OS.

You need update 6 for 4.0 sp3 exe to run on vista.
    You can also use update 1 for 5.0 exe to run on vista.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262

One of my customers has 1600 companies on SQL, but that was a challenge. :mrgreen:

One of my customers has 1600 companies on SQL, but that was a challenge. :mrgreen:

Ouch. That's about 1.6 million tables on sql.
    Hopefully they didn't move to 4.0 and had to synch security.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Well, I know they deleted the unused tables ... .
    I can imagine the company list though... Djeez.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
    For one of companies I made all the tables that weren't in their license to company independent. It was 70 percent of the tables reduction.
    If they purchase new granule, they simple load the standard objects first and start using it.

I wish navision makes this a feature.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    I have looked at partnersource and I did not find any reference to update 1 or any Vista fix for release 5.
    Is this something that has to be requested or do you have a link for it?
    afaik, there is no vista fix for release 5, because there isn't any :|.

You can find an overview here. I guess you mean update 1 for 4.0, no?

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    We have a user who is having problems installing a NAV 5 SQL client. He struggled with getting it installed - took him 6 hours. All Navision functions run very slowly. His XP clients work as expected.
    Since I have avoided Vista because it will not work with all versions of NAV, I do not have any Vista experience. MS support has not helped so far.
    Do you know any reasons why a NAV 5 sql client would run very slowly on Vista?
    hm, Vista runs smoothly on my system.

Some things you can check:
    - is the "Current Power Plan" on "High Performance"?
    - is the network ok for that client?
    - What does the task manager tell you?

Eric Wauters
    My blog