Changing Gen. Prod. Posting Group and Iventory Posting Group

jamesjames Member Posts: 56
We are currently in the process of updating our items, so that they reflect the correct GPPG and IPG, as these have not been updated for a while

Can anyone let me know if there are any major issues with doing this (I know we will have to amend stock when changing the IPG), but is there anything else I need to consider

Many Thanks for any responses and Happy Christmas and New Year

:D

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    run adjust cost.
    These fields are carried to the orders. So all existing orders have to either completed invoiced or reentered.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • HsinChuMarkHsinChuMark Member Posts: 14
    Hi James

We went through the same lately.
    Another possibility than re-entering all orders would be to adjust the "target" accounts in the old posting groups. Then all open orders will be posted to the new accounts and you do not have to bother about open documents (if the changes are to be effective immediately, that is, and take care with partial shipments/receipts). Check back periodically if there are remaining orders with the old posting groups and delete the posting groups if this is not the case.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    james wrote:
    We are currently in the process of updating our items, so that they reflect the correct GPPG and IPG, as these have not been updated for a while

Can anyone let me know if there are any major issues with doing this (I know we will have to amend stock when changing the IPG), but is there anything else I need to consider

Many Thanks for any responses and Happy Christmas and New Year

:D

Question. Does the new GPPG and IPG point to different G/L accounts in the general posting setup? If not, you're free to change whenever you like.