Field Id mismatch

navimbsnavimbs Member Posts: 137
We have done the merging for our customer. We have moved the objects from LS Retail database A(Master db) to LS Retail B(another location). B is now a fresh LS Retail with localizations + objects migrated from A. A is 4.x higher version, B is 4.x lower version.

During merging, we had to move certain objects from 99...series(i.e, an LS Retail range) to 50k series, since it allows to create ids in dev range only. This was done because thr were objects which had new fields in A to be moved to B. (Since A was a higher version - 4.0 SP3)

Customer has a concern that they might have problems in functionalities due to fields been moved to another ids(50k range). Though the objects are all fully compiled.

My question is, is there a possibility that customer might have problems with objects in such case?

Is there a way around to migrate fields in the same ids, though we use only development license?

(Thanks in advance)

Comments

• MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    You can use any ID for field, regardless of license. only limitation is to create new object different than included in license.
    I've tested because of some add-on fileds and it works.
    But try running and changing add-on fileds with customer's license.
  • navimbsnavimbs Member Posts: 137
    Thanks Malajlo.

I had the same problem with add-on fields. We moved add-on field to 50k series with developer's license. When the objects were compiled it gave no errors. I haven't tried with customer's license.

Did u come across any errors with customer's license?