Consistent function

tejateja Member Posts: 78
hi all,

I Go through the C/Side Refernce Guide About Consistent Function. But I do not Follow about these two lines, and what is their functionality....

Normally this function is only used for accounting routines. If your accounts do not balance, the accounts are inconsistent. This function makes sure inconsistent changes are not made in your accounts.

If an attempt is made to commit a write transaction when a table is marked as inconsistent, the system displays a message and all updates made in the write transaction are aborted.

Please Explain me with Example
Thanks...

Comments

• idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    simply put it ensures that total debit = total credit
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I do not know, but the text is clear and simple. If you set the DB into Inconsistent (inconsistency flag is set by this command), when some commit occure, the big "inconsistency" error is raisen. It means, you set the flag, when the DB is in non-consistent state (e.g. just one G/L entry was created) and you clear the flag after the second entry is created (e.g. when you write the entry for balance account and the sum of amounts is 0). If there are some roundings problems (e.g. one amount is 1.32454 and second is -1.32453 because some sums and roundings) the flag is still set and the commit will not be done...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • robastarobasta Member Posts: 11
    Hello,

I am having the following message popup when i try to run the "Adjust Exchange Rates" batch job:

--Begin--

The transaction cannot be completed because it will cause inconsistencies in the G/L Entry table.

Check where and how the CONSISTENT function is used in the transaction to find the reason for the error.

Parts of the program mark tables as inconsistent during very comprehensive tasks, such as posting. This prevents data from being updated incorrectly.

--End--

What does it mean? What should i do so that i can run the job successfully?
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    take a look at this thread on how to see the gl entries are made and why debits don't add up to credits.

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22748

See partnersource if there is fix for this.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n