Resetting a control at runtime?

Ian_BachusIan_Bachus Member Posts: 21
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to reset a control to it's defaulted values at runtime? For example, if you have a table box on a form and someone resizes the rows really small, can you click a button and the table box control goes back to it's compiled attribute settings? These values are saved in the ZUP so you would have to either manually fix the rows or delete the ZUP and close and reopen Navision. I can't think of a way to reset the control to it's compiled attributes during runtime but I thought maybe someone out there does.

Thanks!

Answers

• FordewindFordewind Member Posts: 27
    There is one intersting thing in Nav:

1.Copy your table box and then past it
    2.Set visible of the copy to NO
    2 Lay the copy on the original table box

Now no one can resize rows :) And no one can copy rows to a clipboard
    Nav 4.0 sp3
  • Ian_BachusIan_Bachus Member Posts: 21
    Thanks for the reply! I almost lost hope! I couldn't get it to work however. I made a copy of my tablebox. I set the copys visible property to "No". I then laid the copy over top of the original and compiled. It still let me resize the rows. We running Navision 4.0 SP1. Any ideas? Many thanks!
  • FordewindFordewind Member Posts: 27
    Ian Bachus wrote:
    Thanks for the reply! I almost lost hope! I couldn't get it to work however. I made a copy of my tablebox. I set the copys visible property to "No". I then laid the copy over top of the original and compiled. It still let me resize the rows. We running Navision 4.0 SP1. Any ideas? Many thanks!

Oh! Shame on me! :roll:

Visible must be "Yes". I just tested it on 3.6 and 4.0 sp3.
    Nav 4.0 sp3
  • Ian_BachusIan_Bachus Member Posts: 21
    Wow Fordewind!! You are the man! I would have never figured that out. I wonder if this is just a Navision bug that you somehow figured out how to use to your advantage. At any rate, it works great! Thanks a lot!!! :lol: