help in report

uttar_naguttar_nag Member Posts: 19
can anyone tell me how to export the data into the excel in the form of lock(uneditable) ?

Comments

• NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    If I understand you. You want to dump the generated data of a report to a excel file (search the word "Excel" in this forum)? Or can you explain much further.
    Navision noob....
  • MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    Editable - No does not prevent selecting table, copying and pasting to excel. Neither for Form nor TableBox.
    If you have Focusable on TableBox set to No, then you can select, but not allowed to copy.
  • maheshmahesh Member Posts: 115
    Crate a dataport. Process data, transfer it to excel & by using Automation Control of Excel in Dataport surely u will be able to make it uneditable.
    Best Regards,
    Mahesh Jain
    mahesh@reliconservices.com
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    if it's nav 5.00....well...push a button! :mrgreen:
    otherwise...copy & paste (Read Malajlo before)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    I think there are 2 simple and out of the box ways to work with Excel (although you can also write your own automation code if you want).

Option 1: Use Excel Buffer (Table 370)
    This table already has functions in it to create a work book, export data to excel, read data from excel. There are 2 reports - Import & Export Budget from/to Excel (Reports 81 and 82) that use this table and should provide a good example of how to work with the control.

Option 2 (Nav 5.0 Only): Use Templates
    With the newest version of Navision you can build a template and use the built in function button on the menu bar to export data to excel.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • hawwahawwa Member Posts: 106
    One more option: Save the report to HTML file and then open the file with Excel. This method works only on Listing Report. Alignment will out on other report.
  • jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    I've built solutions based on that method in the past and I can't say I'm a big fan of them.

If the user is concerned about presentation of the numbers then I try to build a "pretty" report for output to either PDF or a printer. If the user is going to be analyzing the numbers then I export data to Excel for them to use and analyze how they see fit.

Furthermore when exporting to excel I tend to export information in it's rawest, ungrouped and unfiltered form. If there were any aggregation functions performed in a presentation version of a report...I think the Excel output should skip it. This leaves the decision of grouping, sorting, analyzing and printing the data entirely up to the user in excel.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com