Run NAV SP1 and SP3 on the same PC

hypnopdhypnopd Member Posts: 3
Hi, i'm new here. I would like to install NAV 4.00 SP3 on the same PC where NAV 4.00 SP1 has already installed.

When I tried it, Windows Installer show me Warning, that some other version is installed already and if i want to install new one, i must remove old one.

It's nice, but i need to have a both version for testing.

Do you have some idea how it can be possible?? I think about Virtual Machine, but ... :-k

Thanx for advices.

Comments

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Problem is the dll's. If you only want to run the client you can just copy/paste the folder from the CD.

Nav only need the dll's for interfaces with other app's.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    you'll find that one method is to just copy the folder which contains the .exes EG from the CD NAV 5.0-GB\5.0GB\CsideClient\program files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\CSIDE Client

i just copy the CSIDE Client folder to a location and make a short cut to finsql.exe to my desktop

As mark said your main issues are the.dlls so if you just want to run navision without outlook integration etc you should be fine, most of use have shortcuts from 2.6 > 5 running without issue at all.
  • hypnopdhypnopd Member Posts: 3
    \:D/ Yea, thank you very much.