Sales Order and Sales Order Invoicing. What the difference?

KosmosKosmos Member Posts: 58
Hello everyone,
Almost 3 hours I am trying to undestand what is the difference between Sales Order and Sales Order Invoicing.
Up to now, I realize that when I click post from Sales Order area the order (lets' say 0001) posted without problem. If I grap the same order from Sales Order Invoicing area I got a message 'There is nothing to post'.
Could you let me know what is the difference between these two functional areas?
Thank you
Anna

Comments

• Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    Hi Anna

If i understand correctly you have created a Sqles Order, No. 0001, with some lines on it and it posts correctly when you select Posting -> Post. Are you shipping and invoicing at this stage or just shipping?

For Sales Order Invocing are you still in the Sales Order Screen are are you going to the Sales Invocie Screen?

If you are in the Sales Order Screen what are you slecting when you go Posting -> Post?

If you are in the Sales Invoice screen then a even if it has a Doument No of 0001 (ie the same as the order) its not the same document so you would have to define the sales lines.

Some screen shots of what you have done / are doing maybe helpful.

Ian
    Regards

Ian
  • SchroffmSchroffm Member Posts: 3
    Hi Anna and everyone,

I will get that message if Qty. to Ship or Qty. to Invoice are zero in which case, there is truly nothing to post. These fields are not protected so it's not hard to mistakenly delete what's in there. We will use those fields to incrementally invoice drop shipments. You can invoice just part of the line that way which is pretty nice.

Hope that helps,
    -Mike.
  • KosmosKosmos Member Posts: 58
    thank you
    I realized it later when already asked a question.
    (always so, first ask, than think) :lol:
    Regards,
    Anna