Assigning Item charges to Different Vendor

sriram_venkatsriram_venkat Member Posts: 129
Hi

I want to assign the Item charges (Like Freight) for a particular Invoice to a different vendor.

I understand it can be done thru Structures where you can assign a Third party for a structure code.

Can it be done thru Item charges also?

Sriram

Comments

• vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    Hi
    U have to do customization for this.ok
    Vikram Dabas
    Navision Technical Consultant
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    U have to do customization for this.ok

Well I don't think any customization is needed. The user has to select the vendor to whom the freight payment has to be done. fill in the purchase line with type as "Charge Item" and then assign the same to the relevant purchase receipt line.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    Well I don't think any customization is needed. The user has to select the vendor to whom the freight payment has to be done. fill in the purchase line with type as "Charge Item" and then assign the same to the relevant purchase receipt line.

What I think ssingla means, is to do normal purchase in the 1st transaction. Then create another purchase transaction for the freight charge using the other vendor (To do this, In the Item charge assignment, retrieve the purchase transaction you have made).
    Navision noob....
  • sriram_venkatsriram_venkat Member Posts: 129
    If i correctly understand, to get this feature right... i have to

1) Go to Purchase invoice screen, fill in the vendor (Freight charges vendor)
    2) In the Line details, give the Item charges as Freight, value etc
    3) Go to line charge assignment, use functions - Get Receipt lines (Since i am not seeing get invoice option)
    4) Choose the appropriate receipt line and then assign the charges to the entire quantity.
    5) This will help me adding direct cost to the item and also pay freight charges to another vendor.

Please confirm
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Exactly :)
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in