Appling Security Filters on Permissions

S0918423470S0918423470 Member Posts: 159
Hello All,

I set roles for users, i read document about the security, i found the section Appling Security Filters on Permissions table. I want user only to be able to choose their batch name when they use general journal.

With Role G/L-JOURNAL, POST\Permission : Table data 232 - Gen. Journal Batch on the Security filters , i setup this value : Gen. Journal Batch: Journal Template Name=GENERAL,Name=TESTA
But when i login by user who use Role G/L-JOURNAL, POST, it is the same. I can choose all batches.
When i setup value for Security Filters, i saw they open Table Filter form to type data but it not works like table filter.

I use Navision SQL option Version 5.0, SQL server 2000.

I tried to to this with table 18 , it's ok. Exp : i set security filters for T18 only No = Cust A.
But when i do that for GL Account, it doesn't work.
This function (Secutiry Filters) is so difficult to use. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I read documents they said that : Security filters can only be applied to tables and the records that they contain.
But when i use it, some table it's ok, but others it's not.

anyone ever use Security Filters, could you tell me about this?? I'm so confused about that.

Thanks,
HN

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If the form is opened by button without C/AL code, Security fitlers will be applied automatically. If the form is opened by C/AL code (e.g. Journal Batch selection), you need to change the code and use the command "SETPERMISSIONFILTER" on the record, which is passed to the form.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • S0918423470S0918423470 Member Posts: 159
    Hi Kine,

I tried to do like your way, but it does not work.
    I modified codeunit 230 , function LookupName(VAR CurrentJnlBatchName : Code[10];VAR GenJnlLine : Record "Gen. Journal Line")
    COMMIT;
    GenJnlBatch."Journal Template Name" := GenJnlLine.GETRANGEMAX("Journal Template Name");
    GenJnlBatch.Name := GenJnlLine.GETRANGEMAX("Journal Batch Name");
    GenJnlBatch.FILTERGROUP := 2;
    GenJnlBatch.SETRANGE("Journal Template Name",GenJnlBatch."Journal Template Name");
    GenJnlBatch.FILTERGROUP := 0;

//HN
    GenJnlBatch.SETPERMISSIONFILTER;//This is my code

IF FORM.RUNMODAL(0,GenJnlBatch) = ACTION::LookupOK THEN BEGIN
    CurrentJnlBatchName := GenJnlBatch.Name;
    SetName(CurrentJnlBatchName,GenJnlLine);
    END;

Is it right?? Or i must re-write codes to get filters values from Sercurity Filters on Permission and set filter to Gen. Jnl batch table by above filters??
    Thanks.
    Are you sure, that the user has no another permission line allowing him to see all entries in the table? Check that...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hi Kine,

It works, thanh you so much. I lost security filters for T232 in another roles.

Thanks, :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    HN
    You are welcome... :-)

Most problems have simple reason...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hello Kine,

I have another problem ](*,) ](*,)

When i use Speruser to setup permission for test user, i opened Gen. Jnl , Cash, Payments with some batches.

When i log in by test user - this user is set up by Specific sercutity filters for batche name - i have message "You have not permission to read Gen. Batches Name".

I logout and login by Super user, i opened these forms by specific batch name which are setup on Security Filters. after that i re-login again with test user, i can open these forms.

Exp:
    Superuser : i opened Gen. Jnl with batch name A
    Testuser : i set Security Filters with specific batch name : B

I login by Testuser ,i open Gen. Jnl form , i have pb. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I know it caused by CurrentJnlBatchName, it's always remembers the last batches.
    How can we refresh this??
    try to disable "Save Values" on the form. It will not save the values into ZUP file...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hello kine,

Thanh you so much. It works well.

=D> =D> :D:D