Report for posted value of a dimension

sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
Hi All,

Can we make a report for the posted value in one dimension by providing different dimension values to a global dimension.

For example I post an amount of 100,000 in global dimension of employee.
Now I want to make a report in which I want to see segrigation of 100,000 to multiple dimension values as I want to. for example I want to segrigate this 100,000 into 5 employees as dimension values. But I am not changing the posted amount I am just showing a report to different dimension values for internal work.

Please suggest if this can be done? :-k

regards
sajid

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    In any case the system needs to store the information of bufurcation of the posted amount which is done thru Allocation Journal. It will not modify the original transactiona and its dimension value but post another transacion of bifurcation.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
    In any case the system needs to store the information of bufurcation of the posted amount which is done thru Allocation Journal. It will not modify the original transactiona and its dimension value but post another transacion of bifurcation.

Sorry I dont get you Singla. What I am saying is that I am not going to change the transacted amount nor the Global dimension. What I am looking is just to see the report by providing different dimesnion vlaues for the same global dimension which I assigned at time of transaction but at time of posting I did not assign any dimension value.

I hope its more clear now.

regards
    Sajid
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    What I am looking is just to see the report by providing different dimesnion vlaues for the same global dimension which I assigned at time of transaction but at time of posting I did not assign any dimension value.

Is there ant difference between time of transaction and time of posting. :?

If you have not assigned any dimension at the time of posting or otherwise viewing a report as you are asking is not available in standard Navision except if somebody makes a way to prepare a account schedule or analysis report.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in