Caching Problem?

NyxNyx Member Posts: 10
Client: Microsoft NAV 4.0 SP3, Microsoft Windows XP
Server: Windows Server 2003, SQL 2005

When a user tries to Get Source Docs for a Warehouse Receipt, it doesn't find any documents. But when I compile the Form (5784) and the Report (5753) on the client computer, and the go to Warehouse --> Shipment --> Functions --> Get Source Docs it works?

Is this a caching issue? Or is something else going on? Any suggestions/solutions?

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    it seems like some filters were set on the form. After you compiled the form, filters are reset and you see the documents.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • NyxNyx Member Posts: 10
    That's what i was also thinking

But it's standard NAV functionality, no changes were made? Is there a way to solve this without changing code?
    1) It is problem for all users?
    2) The problems happend each time or just "randomly"?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    1) it's for most users, only the ones who use it a lot have these problems
    2) let me just say it happens 90% of the time (after they complie it, it might work for an intire day, other days it won't)

it's really strange and it 's drivin' me nuts ](*,)
    1) After it appear again, ask user, if he see the FILTER text on the Statusbar of the client. If yes,navigate him how to remove filter.

2) For me it looks like sometime the user is filtering for something and the filter remains there. Train the user to remove that filter.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I tried it with removing the filter, but it doesn't work, it's still the same problem...
    i've solved with adding a line of code,

CLEAR(<codeunit>) then call the codeunit

after doin' this, it works