Options

NEP & WSSv3

wgoddardwgoddard Member Posts: 5
edited 2008-01-08 in Navision e-Commerce
I downloaded the new NEP install from the partnersource site that works with WSS 3.0. I went through the setup guide and when it came time to create the NEP demo site in WSS 3.0, using the NEP template installed by the setup.exe....it errors out indicating I cannot install WSS v2 templates on a v3 site. So uh...what the heck? Anyone know if this new NEP that requires WSS 3.0 installed as a prereq works on WSS v3? Or do I have to go back and install WSS v2?

Just so you know..it was working using the NEP install from the source DVD using WSS 2.0. Then I uninstalled WSS 2.0 and installed WSS 3.0 and ran the install wizard for the new NEP.

Any clarity in this matter would be great.

Comments

• Options
    wgoddardwgoddard Member Posts: 5
    just to add:
    OS = Windows Server 2003
    NAV = 5.0
  • Options
    DavidKLDavidKL Member Posts: 4
    Hi wgoddard,

I'am busy with the same problem but where can i add this parameters?
    Can you please help me, because this problem drives me crazy!!

Regards David
  • Options
    BlackBirdBlackBird Member Posts: 52
    Did you uninstall the other requirements as well? I think it is best that you uninstall all the parts of the 'old' version and start fresh with the new version.

Hans
  • Options
    Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    If I am reading the original question correctly then

If you are going to use WSS V2 then use the Employee Portal Installer from the Product CD.
    If you are going to use WSS V3 Then use the Employee Portal Installer from the new download.

I don't think you can just use the new one on WSS V2 as the way WSS works has been signiicantly changed.

At least thats how I understood it when I looked into it.

IAn
    Regards

Ian