GenerateBlurryKeys

twallace_sentineltwallace_sentinel Member Posts: 11
I am upgrading a client from 3.10 to 4 to 5. I am in the process of running Form 14002. I get an error after I click the Transfer Data button. Through debugging, I found that Codeunit 5067 causes the error. The root of the problem is that an automation server cannot be found, the server that performs the "blurry search" functionality. I have Navision 4 and 5 installed on my Vista machine. How is it that this Navision object isn't installed as well and how can I get it registered without having to reinstall 4 and 5 completely?

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    you can register the dll by copying it to your box and from command prompt navigating to that folder and typing
    regsvr32 Nameoffile.dll
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • CalebRCalebR Member Posts: 1
    I believe the issue is that "blurry search" automation server isn't a native Navision automation variable, and is therefore not installed on your Vista machine.
    Like ara3n said you need to register the dll for the automation server.
    You can find the location of the "blurry search" dll by looking at Tools-> Custom Controls on the clients existing setup, and copy and register it on your system.
    I'm assuming the 3.1 client has this setup in the same place as 4 and 5, as I can't remember.