RIM toolkit to copy Master Table to new company

walterqmasonwalterqmason Member Posts: 8
I am trying to get the RIM toolkit to copy the master table data to a new company but all Master tables won't show up in the RIM toolkit. How do I get the RIM Toolkit to copy all Master tables to a new company.

Comments

• Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    Which Version of NAV are you using and which tables are you trying to copy? I know the toolkit from Version 5.0, I never really got it working well under 4.0.

You can also use the Setup Checklist to copy some data from one company to another to assist in the initial setup.

Regards

Ian
    Regards

Ian
  • walterqmasonwalterqmason Member Posts: 8
    I am try to use verision 5.0 RIM on a Navision 5.0 database.

We are doing this because an ISV previous to us got into the system and screwed up a bunch of financial data (for our client). So we want Master table data (Vendor, Customers Items, and other master tables) to move over into a new company on their Navision database.
  • Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    With Version 5 it should be fairly straight forward.

In the Administration Menu expand the Application Setup folder, Then expand the Company Setup folder and select Data Migration

In here you can select the tables you want to migrate. For example if you want to migrate the Customers enter 18 inthe TableID column. Then fromt he Migration button select Migration Fields. Tick all the fields you want to migrate data for.
    repeat this process for all tables that you want to migrate. You can then use the export to Excel or Export to xml options fromt he Functions button. Nav will then generate a file with all the data in it.
    In your new company repeat teh process but select Import from excel or xml from the fuctions button once you have your tables and fields selected. Nav will import the data and test it.

The form will update to show how many records are ok and how many have errors for some reason. You need to look at teh errors to work out how to resolve them, but if you don't have errors, or they are simply that an imported record validates against another table that is alos being imported, eg Customer Posting Group, then you should be ok to select Apply Data from the Migration button.

Nav will then migrate the data to the actual tables, and your data is migrated.

Hope that helps

IAn
    Regards

Ian
  • KosmosKosmos Member Posts: 58
    Hello Ian,
    For exporting-impoting customers this procedure is working perfectly well.
    But not for importing Vendors, when I am trying to do this I see the message: /This message if for C/AL programmers:
    The call to member selectSingleNode failed.msxml6.dll returned the following message: Expression must evaluate to node-set.
    -->1099<--Code/ ](*,)

Can you advise me how to solve this problem?
    Thank you
    Anna
  • pbyrnepbyrne Member Posts: 2
    Having the same issue as Anna when importing Vendors in NAV 5.0 "The call to member selectSingleNode failed.msxml6.dll returned the following message: Expression must evaluate to node-set.
    -->1099<--Code/" ](*,)

Any ideas how to fix this one?
    Pat Byrne
  • canadian_baconcanadian_bacon Member Posts: 91
    Temporarily change the "1099" field in the vendor table to "T1099" and change it back after you import the records.

The reason this is happening is because node names cannot begin with a number.
  • pbyrnepbyrne Member Posts: 2
    Thanks! That works. Anyone know if there is a fix for this coming soon?
    Pat Byrne
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    The fix would have to be to rename all the field that start with a number.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n