Grouping wth reports

ImaspalImaspal Member Posts: 68
Hi!
I'm making a report, where I have to present information about Items from a Value Entry table (5802). Items have to be grouped by Salesperson and Product Group:

Salesperson1
    Product Group1
    Item 1 Item 2 etc.

Salesperson2
    Product Group2
    Item 1 Item 2 etc.

I find that difficult, because there is not a Product Group field in a Value Entry table and it is better not to add there.

I hope you can help me, an example code is allways welcome O:)

-Imaspal

Comments

• AlishaAlisha Member Posts: 217
    You can use the same structure you are showing but using also the Item table after Product group, and then getting the Value Entries for each item:

Salesperson
    Product Group
    Item
    Value Entry

If you need data from the value entries you can put a Footer section of Value entry, so you see one line per item...
  • ImaspalImaspal Member Posts: 68
    Thanks. Yes, I need data from the value entries and I have to create totals too. So (I'm just a newbie with NAV) Your advice is to intend Dataitems like that: (when I'm defining Data Model)

Salesperson
    ->Product Group
    -->Item
    --->Value Entry

..and if I need data from the value entries, I have to use a Footer section of Value entry. That sounds simple. You mean, I don't have to make any adjustments to the properties of the Dataitems and to the properties of the Report?
    Yes, that's correct.

You only have to link the dataitems correctly, if you need totals from Value Entries, be sure to put them on the TotalFields property on that dataitem, so the footer will show them.
    Thanks, however can you tell me how I link the dataitems correctly :oops:
    Salesperson
    ->Product Group
    -->Item
    --->Value Entry
    Salesperson
    ->Product Group (no link)
    -->Item (link to Product Group trought the field Product Group on the item)
    --->Value Entry (link to the item trough the field Item no. on the Value entry)

Does that help?
    Thanks. I try that one. Merry Christmas!