rounding Setup

kiLLkiLL Member Posts: 53
Hi,

How I can change the rounding setup. Because when I enter the Amount in CASH RECIEPT Journals, the Amount I enter is ROUNDED.How do I setup that the AMOUNT is NOT ROUNDED..I want to get the exact Amount that I enter. Hope you can help me.TY :D
DEV.Trainee

Answers

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Are you applying Different currencies to each other EG US to EURO etc or is it all the LCY ?
  • kiLLkiLL Member Posts: 53
    No,Im not using difference Currency.
    DEV.Trainee
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    ok It sounds like you just want to enter amounts in currency to 4 decimal places.

You can change the properties of the field to do so as default is 2:2 on the table or form.

Under GL setup you can do this as well field is hidden by default zoom in on GL setup window

Amount Decimal Places Field
    The General Ledger Setup Table

This field determines the number of decimal places the program will display (for example, on invoices and in reports) for amounts in LCY. The default setting, 2:2, specifies that amounts in LCY will be shown with two decimal places.

In this field, the number of decimal places can be specified as:

a fixed number.

a minimum and maximum number (separated by a colon).

The following table shows how the program will use the contents of the Amount Decimal Places field to show the amounts LCY 768.963243 and LCY 125:

Contents of
    Amount Decimal Places Field AmountShown in Program

2 768.96

2:2 768.96

2:4 768.9632

0 769

0:5 768.96324

In this table, 2:4 denotes that a minimum of two decimal places and a maximum of four decimal places will be shown for LCY amounts.

This field determines only how LCY amounts are shown in the program. The Amount Decimal Places field in the Currencies window determines how amounts in foreign currencies are shown in the program.

You can define rules for rounding invoice amounts in the Inv. Rounding Precision (LCY) field, and you can define how unit amounts in LCY are shown in the program in the Unit-Amount Decimal Places field.

This feature will be activated the next time you log on to Microsoft Dynamics NAV.