Open Ledger Entries and Unit of Measure

CobaltSSCobaltSS Member Posts: 137
Hi all,

I know there must be some doc somewhere, but I can't find it. In the ILE there are transactions for some items. These transactions have a UoM of EA. But the Item card does not. We would like to add a UoM to the Item card, but can't because of Open ILE. What is the procedure, and if there are several items (only because I imagine the procedure might be a little lengthy) is there a shortcut?

We are using Client 4.0, Server 3.7, on SQL 2005.

cheers,

Answers

• MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    You have to change both UoM on Items (and existing UoM in ILE for those items) programmaticaly (report, code).
    Or you can create new item, make positive/negative adjustments and block items without UoM.
  • prudaypruday Member Posts: 11
    If you are trying to change the base uit of measure in item card, you will have to lookup till you see the Units of Measure form and modify the code with EA.

Once done, the system will ask you, if you want to rename. Press OK, and press Esc till you close the item card.

Now open the item card, you have your uom:EA.
    Uday
  • CobaltSSCobaltSS Member Posts: 137
    So all I need to do is comment out the OnValidate code?

That's better than the "going in through SQL" solution I was thinking about.

thanks much,

cheers,
  • MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    You have to change UoM also on open entries in ILE.
    Then you can set UoM using code or comment temporary OnValidate Trigger.
    "Base unit of Measure" := 'xx' ;
    modify ;

• CobaltSSCobaltSS Member Posts: 137
    The Base UoM on the Item card is going to be the same as the UoM in the ILE. So I don't need to make changes in the ILE.

thanks again,