Options

Military time (24-hour clock)

DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
edited 2004-02-06 in Navision Attain
Hello all,

Is there an easy way to have Navision display a time field in military time format, also known as the 24 hour clock, regardless of the system setting? So instead of 2:00:00 PM, I want to see 14:00:00.

Thanks,
Daniel

Comments

• Options
    eromeineromein Member Posts: 589
    sure... Just open the help on the FORMAT statement.

Btw, Everybody (except for the English) in Europe uses this time format. And you know what the best part of this time system is? You will never sit in a bar at 10:00 in the morning waiting for your date!
    "Real programmers don't comment their code.
    If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."
  • Options
    I know about the FORMAT statement in C/AL code, and I know how to accomplish this on forms. The part that I don't know is if there is an easy way to do this in the table.

The issue here is that Americans are used to the AM/PM format, so all their computers are set to display those, and nobody's willing to have to change that setting just for Navision. My customer wants to see 'military time' on selected fields only, and I'd like to know if you can set this on the table, so I don't have to do it on all the forms associated with those fields.
  • Options
    GoMaDGoMaD Member Posts: 313
    You can always use the 'AutoFormatType' and the 'AutoFormatExpr' properties on the fields of your table.

You can use this to adjust the formatting of this field.

Greetings
    Now, let's see what we can see.
    Everybody on-line.
    Looking good!
  • Options
    GoMaD wrote:
    You can always use the 'AutoFormatType' and the 'AutoFormatExpr' properties on the fields of your table.
    Nope, those don't work on a Time type field.
  • Options
    GoMaDGoMaD Member Posts: 313
    You can always adjust your regional settings of the PC.

But that is system wide of course.
    Now, let's see what we can see.
    Everybody on-line.
    Looking good!
  • Options
    Like I said before:
    DenSter wrote:
    The issue here is that Americans are used to the AM/PM format, so all their computers are set to display those, and nobody's willing to have to change that setting just for Navision.