Problem migrating 4.0 SP2 to 5.0 with upgrade toolkit

buchhotbuchhot Member Posts: 116
Hi NAV-Gurus!

I am experiencing some problems while updating our 4.0 SP2 database to newest 5.0 version.
When I am trying to start the "Step 1 Data Conversion" of the upgrade toolkit it gives me an error at the table 27 Item while trying to set all values of a specific column to 0, the problem is that this column does not exist yet?
I have the problem with the field
"Trans. Req. Shipment (Qty)" at thable 27 Item.
Maybe this colunm was added with SP3 which we have not migrated.

Should I comment this line out and set the values by myself after the update or do you think there is a problem somewhere else?

Many thanks in advance.
Thomas Buchholz
ekey biometric systems GmbH
4031 Linz
Austria
web: http://www.ekey.net

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    I can confirm that the field does exist in nav 4.03
    but i don't know if exists in 4.02 too...

in the w1w1upgr document, is written that the migration can be done from 3.70 and from 4.00, so I can't understand why there are problems with 4.02.

i just migrate from 3.70 without problems (but the toolkit is different, indeed)

It's not the solution for your problem but I hope these will be useful info... :mrgreen:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • buchhotbuchhot Member Posts: 116
    I tried to comment out the line and made me a notice that I have to set the field to 0 after update is done.
    Then the rest went OK ......
    until I tried to go to the next step (delete unused objects).
    As far as I understand it tries to delete everything except tables to avoid conflicts while importing customized objects.
    But I cannot delete MBS Menu layer, even if we have a developer license.
    So i get the next error message.

Is it me who has a problem in understanding this, or is this upgrade toolkit a bit weird (delete everything to avoid conflicts!?!?!?!?), even if you import the objects again, but "replace all" would also fit quite good enough as I think. And deleting just the objects which are really not used anymore would make much more sense to me, than to delete all including the menu suite.

Are you with me or do you see this other way.

You also have to have the same problems don't you?
    Thomas Buchholz
    ekey biometric systems GmbH
    4031 Linz
    Austria
    web: http://www.ekey.net