Business Notification - Installation Blues : Please help

najjanajja Member Posts: 67
Hello Frens,

I am trying to install Microsoft Business Solutions - Navision 4.0 SP3 Business Notification Services on a Windows 2003 Server (Virtual Machine). The platform meets all the pre-requisites. I run my SQL server on a different box and have installed SQL notification services on the server when I am planning to install Business Notification. I am using my Developer License (SPA) for the installation. I've uploaded the lincense to the SQL server database. Using the Navision 4.0 demonstration database.

When I started installing BN server, initially I started with the local admin login but was unable to go past the SQL server page as the installer was unable to contact SQL server even though I had given the domain admin username and password to contact SQL server. I logged in as Domain Admin and started the installation and after giving all the necessary parameter it started installing and inbetween threw an error saying it cant find at source the file "NotificationServiceDeploymentManagerInterface.dll" which I found in another folder in the installation source and copied to location where the installer was looking that for. The installer continued after that and threw an error while trying to start the service "Notification Service Deployment Manager (NSDeployManager)" stating some privilege problem. When I tried to start the service from Services MSC it din start telling logon failure. I changed the identity to a domain user with Domain Admin provilege after which it started giving me error "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control in a tomely fashion". The BN Server installer is still stuck at that point asing me whether to Abort, Retry or Ignore the operation. If I choose ignore I'm sure it will continue the rest of the installation but bot the NS Deply MAnager and the core NS service wont start.

Can anyone help me to solve this and install BN Server.

THanks

Najja