Codeunit 397 - modify to not automatically send email

Lisa_RandallLisa_Randall Member Posts: 44
Hi there,

Can you help?...I am currently trying to Generate an email using Navision but instead of sending this i would like to have this generate a draft email so that i can insert text, I know i could used the Addbodyline function but this only seems to allow generic text ( is this correct) ..

Alternatively is there a way within Navision that I could create an email body text which i could then also store against the interaction as well.

Thanks,

Comments

• MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    Comment line
    //MailSent := OSendMail.Send;  //Don't send auto

in NewMessage func.

Also there is a func Send() MailSent : Boolean.
    Check that too (I don't know, which CU func are you using)
  • Lisa_RandallLisa_Randall Member Posts: 44
    IS the new message func avaliable in 3.70 ???..I can't see ?
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    search for ".send" in codeunit 397 there will be only 2 lines; comment them. if you use these functions in a personalized process maybe it's better to copy the functions, comment the lines only in the copied functions and call the copies, leaving standard code unchanged
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • ptech5443ptech5443 Member Posts: 28
    I have not been able to get this to work. Does anyone have any experience getting this to work? I copied the New Message code to a new function. I only found one line of code with .send and after commenting it out the email isn’t sent But there also is no draft saved.

Also does anyone know where I can find a list of OSendMail Properties? Is what is listed in the C/AL symbol menu all that is available or is there something not listed I am missing, like OSendEmail."Save Draft" but haven't been able to guess yet?