"G/L Entry cannot be modified in this form" Error

gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
Hello all,

The Description field was cut/pasted from Excel to NAV and posted in the the Gen Journal.

Along with the Description text came what seems to be hard returns from Excel. These returns show up in NAV as squares.

When the G/L Entry table is run and the record is modified to remove the squares the following error occurs:

"G/L Entry cannot be modified in this form"

We need to remove these returns because when this record is exported to Excel an additional line is created which corrupts the Excel report.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can remove these returns, the right way? :)

Thanks and have a great day - Chris

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    An end user license will not be able to modify the g/l entry table.

You'll need to pay someone :cry:
    & make sure next time to "clean" the descriptions of the squares before posting.
  • PerJuhlPerJuhl Member Posts: 55
    gadzilla1 wrote:
    Hello all,

The Description field was cut/pasted from Excel to NAV and posted in the the Gen Journal.

Along with the Description text came what seems to be hard returns from Excel. These returns show up in NAV as squares.

When the G/L Entry table is run and the record is modified to remove the squares the following error occurs:

"G/L Entry cannot be modified in this form"

We need to remove these returns because when this record is exported to Excel an additional line is created which corrupts the Excel report.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can remove these returns, the right way? :)

Thanks and have a great day - Chris

Are you running on SQL database ?

In that case, make a small script to fix the description field.

BR Per
  • josephdeweyjosephdewey Member Posts: 87
    Isn't this a way other than the requested "right way"?
    Joseph Dewey
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV User
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Without right license you cannot do anything from within NAV. You can go directly on SQL or find someone with the license.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    edited 2012-04-12
    <edit> oops :mrgreen: someone bumped a 5 year old post.
    David Singleton
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Chris posted this in 2007. And I regularly help him :)
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n