Create any Report as PDF by Email

emulsifiedemulsified Member Posts: 139
:-k I am thinking it is possible to run any report and have it created as a PDF and then emailed to whatever address I specify but I am not sure how to pull all of it together and need some help.

Here is what I know: I am considering using some code that I found for PDFCreator here http://mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18331&highlight=example+report+pdf+files&sid=4743c1315f24f0a6c1d756c74f14a281

There is a piece of code,
ReportID := REPORT::"Item List";
in that form that sets a selection of which report to use but does so as processing only so you cannot use that forms User Request Form to set filters, etc...

:arrow: How can that code be changed to facilitate the following:

1. Click on the above Report 50100 (the link above).

2. User selects any report they want to use from a drop-down of look-up box

3. This current parent form/report 50100 calls the user selected Report as a sub-form and allows them to enter values they choose and return to the calling (this) form.

4. Enter an email address (or from Customer Record optionally) and some body text.

5. Click the Send Email button which will essentially do some sort of COPYFILTERS thing passing the selected or entered values from the subform and do a REPORT.RUNMODAL or something similar passing the values back to the user selected report somehow.

6. The email portion I am not worried about, I know how I will be doing that probably through one of the free OCX's or mailIT OCX that we purchased earlier this year.

:-k Or is there a way to change that base dialog for every report by adding an Email button just like the Print, Preview, Cancel, and Help buttons are everywhere?
Half-empy or half-full how do you view your database?

Thanks.

Comments

• ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    We have a simple solution for this SendX. We use a pdf driver EdocPrinter for this. Very easy to implement with embedded commands in your report.
  • emulsifiedemulsified Member Posts: 139
    I took a look at SendX, I don't see the example where it will simply send email without using Outlook or Outlook Express.

The goal is to send the PDF via email without using Outlook or Outlook Express. There are countless solutions for sending PDF email reports through Outlook and Outlook Express. Although yours looks a little more straightforward than most of the others I've seen.

Thanks for your input on this.
    Half-empy or half-full how do you view your database?

Thanks.
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    EdocPrinter sends it through outlook or directly. Look at there website.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Expandit MailIT works with SMTP as well.
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    We incorperated eDoc but are using AmyUni as well to be able to secure/combine/... PDFs

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    Hi Freinds!

I have similar kind of requirement as what you professionals were
    discussing. Need your help in that case.

I am puting some of the reports in Job Scheduler, once report
    gets executed it should directly send as an attachment file, may
    be in HTML will do, to the respective user.

is there any ready code available for this
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan
  • maheshmahesh Member Posts: 115
    hi guys,

We have made d Solution for dat in which u can setup those reports in master form & then u can send selected reports via Email OR Fax to group of customers or vendors (or single person) at same time in PDF Format which works great. Document(Purch. Order, Sales Order) wise report sending is also possible. Thing is u should know perfect timing of generating report, converting them to PDF & Email, Fax, Print which requires a lot efforts.

Regards,
    Best Regards,
    Mahesh Jain
    mahesh@reliconservices.com