General Journal

lallylally Member Posts: 323
Hi Masters,

Is it possible to assign authorization to Genaral Journal. Which points i need to consider for authorization.

thanks and regards
lally

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    In standard Navision you can control by defining roles and permission. The person who punches the data should not have the right of posting and the manager or someone should have. This is not exactly authorization flow but it works.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    lally wrote:
    Hi Masters,

Is it possible to assign authorization to Genaral Journal. Which points i need to consider for authorization.

thanks and regards
    Look for the Roles that have permissions to insert, modify, delete in the tables & explore along that area, perhaps create new Roles...
    Just be aware that General Journal can be used for different kinds of transactions which means headaches, so you might want to consider customization instead...
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • lallylally Member Posts: 323
    Thanks Ssingla,

For Example Take some one ‘CCC’ created general Journal. Actually YYY has to post that General Journal.
    Then ‘YYY’ how he knowns some body created General Journal.
    I think it is not correct way everytime to check general Journal. If I assign authorization then ‘ CCC’ will send that to authorization. Then YYY can check easily and he can post .
    Other wise who knows some body created general Journal.
    I think roles and permission it only works to stop posting. But it does not inform to any body.
    I think like Purchase and sales authorization.
    Even I know about Batches .

Authorization means Just when I press authorization button it has to sent message to YYY “
    some ccc has created General Journal “. Just I want this type of functionality.
    I don’t want the exact sales authorization functionality. I want above functionality

I expecting cool explanation.

Thanks and regards
    lally
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Then the only option is to customize. Analyse the existing workflow authorization and modify accordingly.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • lallylally Member Posts: 323
    Thanks Ssingla,

I think u can understand Navision functionality better than me. I could not understand this functionality. Even I am have not any ideas how to assign this type of functionality.
    Please throw some functionality . I will check about customization.

Please throw some help
    lally