Error in reversing entries

kolaboykolaboy Member Posts: 446
Hi Experts,

I am trying to reverse entries that where posted using the Navision reversal button, but i have the following error
Select a dimension value code for the dimension code FUND

The dimension code fund was selected while posting the transcation. now i am trying to reverse this posted transaction, i keep having the above error. All the dimension are in place.
can someone help me out here please.
Thanks.
](*,)

Comments

• MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    Are you doing it in G/L?
    Check default dim values and value posting. Could be that you have accidentally entered new record?
  • kolaboykolaboy Member Posts: 446
    the accounts involve in this transaction have all their dimensions in place and when i was posting the journal, i selected the correct dimension which is "FUND", but i keep having this error.
    I am doing it in the Customer ledger Entries.
    Any ideas please.
    Thanks
  • MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    You should debug procedure.
    Did you make any customizations in code?
    Reversing entry involves all related entries. So if one entry does not have dim assigned, automatic reversing will fail.
    Do manual reversion if this is only entry that causes error. Afterall problem can be in data entered, settings on accounts, changed code...
    Can you tell me how to go about debuggong this bug. I am actually developing in navision but as a trainee, but i need to know proceedure o f debugging.
    I have compared the reversal code to that of cronus and they are exactly the same so the code was not modified. i have tested the reversal in cronus and its working fine but it not working on my database.
    The setting in the accounts and data entry are all correct. I posted a transaction and went back to reverse this transactions but it still gives the same error.
    thanks
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    There is also a double (locked) topic: http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22540.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Sorry for the double posting. Actually i posted and while it was loading i added journal to the heading, this is how the double posting came about.

I am still looking for this solution but still no luck. Any other idea please.
    Thanks
  • e2rde2rd Member Posts: 34
    To Solved this problem i think you must go to dimension-select dimension-klik dimension account type default dim,then you clear all account type default dim related to GL. Hope this could solved your problem.
    Thanks e2rd,
    I have tried that but its still giving me the same error when i posted and tried to reverse the transaction.

I think there is something i am missing. have anyone seen the error i am commiting. Any ideas please.
    Thanks