Pls Help, Error Create Accounting Period

nav001nav001 Member Posts: 39
When I try to create an accounting period I get the following error:

'Another user has modified the record for this Accounting Period GB after you retrieve it from the database. Enter your changes again in the updated window, or start the interupted activity again. Identification fields and values: Period Type = 'Year' Period Start = '01/01/07'

I've tried the fixed to codeunit 5810 as suggested in the forum but having no luck. Also I cant seem to find any fixes for this in partnersource.

Can anyone please help?

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    There are two bugs in NAV 5.0 which will be corrected in SP1. One is connected to the CU5810 and second one is problem when creating accounting period in new company. In the second case there is call from form 100 to table 5814 of function InvtPeriodClosed, which expects that some entry in Account table already exists. But it seems that it is not your case.

Turn on debugger, simulate the error, and you will see where it will stop. May be some "GB" modification? (why the table has caption Accounting Period GB instead just Accounting Period?)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • nav001nav001 Member Posts: 39
    why the table has caption Accounting Period GB instead just Accounting Period?

Im not sue why this is, we are running the IE version.

Any suugestions?
    Can you check the object designer for table with caption "Accounting Period GB" and post the ID of the table? Thanks.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • nav001nav001 Member Posts: 39
    The ID is 10560

Thanks..
    This is Country specific change. You are using GB modification of NAV. Ask your partner or Microsoft (if you are partner) for help. It seems like some local bug...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.