Enabling different characters in navision

easabanganeasabangan Member Posts: 114
I able to install different languages in my machine (ea. Thai language), and been able to used it in applications like word, excel, notepad etc.. I also imported the Thai language in my navision application, and select this as default language. But the problem is when I type anything in navision, the character is not on Thai characters (it shows only special characters ex. ¾ Ã×á¹¾¹¾¿Ð¡ã) which are not Thai. Anyone experience this scenario? How and what can I do to enable typing different characters in Navision?

Other Info's :
1. Navision 4.03
2. Philippine Version.
3. Tried this in SQL and Native.
No future at CPI

Comments

• MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    Same problem occurs i.e. with slovenian chars.
    But only if default regional settings are not slovenian but english.
    Change everything where possible in reg. settings to Thai and see if it helps.
  • easabanganeasabangan Member Posts: 114
    Tested it, but the same problem.
    No future at CPI
  • EugeneEugene Member Posts: 309
    what Malajlo meant i believe is that one should go to Control Panel to Regional Settings and in the Advanced tab choose the appropriate language for Non-Unicode programs, then restart Navision applications to see if it helped

If that does not help try searching for Unicode support in Navision
    Yes, I already tested that one. Already change all the setting in the regional settings to thai and restarted the machine, then start navision. But I still encoutering same problem.

Can you give me the site where can i found (download) this unicodes for navision? Thanks a lot man...
    No future at CPI
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    NAV is not unicode by default - it means you will have problems with languages which needs more than one byte for storing one "character". For me it seems that Thai is unicode...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:
    NAV is not unicode by default - it means you will have problems with languages which needs more than one byte for storing one "character". For me it seems that Thai is unicode...

Does this means that I cannot used Thai characters in navision? How about Chinese or japanese? Does navision support this two?
    No future at CPI
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    easabangan wrote:
    kine wrote:

Does this means that I cannot used Thai characters in navision? How about Chinese or japanese? Does navision support this two?

They are not "officially" supported, but there are special fin.stx versions which are unicode-enabled. But I do not know how it works and how you can obtain such a version.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.