Column Layout - Daily / MTD / YTD

adamEthanadamEthan Member Posts: 104
Hello, a simple question.

Nav 4.0 SP3

We are using an account schedule to summarize some executive type information.

In the Column Layout Setup, I have:

Daily - Net Change Column type, show opposite sign
Year to date - Year to date column type, show opposite sign

Month To Date stumps me, there is no default option for MTD, I'm assuming I have to use a formula or comparison date formula to have this data rendered, but i'm confused and haven't gotten it yet.

Any little guidance would be much appreciated :)

thanks as always!!

-adam

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Use Comparision period formula. Define "P" in it and it will show you the MTD if the period defined in the accounting period is months.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • adamEthanadamEthan Member Posts: 104
    Thanks for the quick reply, but I think I need to elaborate a little further.

We filter out account schedule overview by day, not month or quarter.

We need to have a MTD ( month to date ) column that will compound the values in a G/L over the course of one month.

So if the daily value on the 1st of the month is: $1000, The daily change on the second day could be $1500, we'd like the MTD on the second day to read as $2500.

It's feeling really impossilbe
  • Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    You could try calculating it.
    I think you'd need to have 3 columns to do it.
    The first would be of the column type Balance at date. This would give you the total to the end of the 'period' so if you are looking at the figures daily that would be the end of the current day.
    The second would also be Balance at Date but use a Comparrision Period Formula of -1P this would get teh balance as at teh end of the last period.
    The thrid would be a formula subtractign one from the other.

That should work.

IAn
    Regards

Ian