Deadlock error

vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
Whenever i m running the report it is giving me error:Deadlock error occurs.Its a sql database.
Vikram Dabas
Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• EugeneEugene Member Posts: 309
    you running the report in SERIALIZABLE transaction isolation level

look for TransactionType property of the report
    If it is ::Update or ::Snapshot you can try to change it to ::UpdateNoLocks or ::Browse however in this case u may accidentaly read uncommited data.

If your report is modifying data then there is nothing you can do because UpdateNoLocks upon first modification automatically switches from READ UNCOMMITED to SERIALIZABLE transaction isolation level
  • EugeneEugene Member Posts: 309
    well there are some options to reduce the frequency of the error.

If your report is modifying data you can try to split the logic of the report into smaller transactions (if logic allows it then use COMMITS inside the report)
    Also you can try to increase the LockTimeout waiting time (hoping other sessions unlock the data you need).
  • vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    My report does not contain any Locktable thats y i cant use the COMMIT.I have changed the property Transaction type of report from snapshot to update nolocks again same error is comming.
    Vikram Dabas
    I have changed the Transaction Type from Snapshot to updatenolocks same error is coming
    Vikram Dabas
  • MbadMbad Member Posts: 344
    Try it locally first to see if it locks itself. If it isnt then make someone explaing in what sequence your report is modifying the tables. Generally you should lock in the same sequence as the posting CUs do.
    it is not giving error locally and no locktable function is used in those two reports where error is comingso i cant use commit function
    Vikram Dabas