Navision- Concurrent Usage License

kashkash Member Posts: 11
Just need one calrification. I have 15 Full Access User License. I need to 4 more users to be added and these users will be accessing only the Sales Invoice Form. Apart from going for 4 more partial/full access license is there any other method?

The sales Invoice form is a newly designed one and it is accessing within Navision. What if we access this from outside as seperate application and use only Navision Database( SQL) module and use same posting script.

I appreciate if any one can advice on this.

Thanks in anticipation
Kash

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    YOu can look at using the employee portal depending what these sales people need to actually do with the form Read only or posting etc.

the Employee portal licenses are cheaper and can be accessed over the web and may suit your needs,

It may be worthwhile for the client to purchase the additional users however if role will change in the future etc
  • kashkash Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the response.

Well infact this form is used for Billing purpose and will be used by the 4 employees. all the add/update/delete function will be required. So only read access is not sufficient.

Thanks
    Kash
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    This will depend what Version of Navision you are using, Employee portal is available from 4.01 onwards. You are able to modidfy delete etc through the portal, however the earlier the version the more "issues" you may find.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    kash wrote:
    Just need one calrification. I have 15 Full Access User License. I need to 4 more users to be added and these users will be accessing only the Sales Invoice Form. Apart from going for 4 more partial/full access license is there any other method?

The sales Invoice form is a newly designed one and it is accessing within Navision. What if we access this from outside as seperate application and use only Navision Database( SQL) module and use same posting script.

I appreciate if any one can advice on this.

Thanks in anticipation
    Kash

If the 4 additional users are going to be access in Navision (not just read only) just spend the money and purchase the 4 additional users. It will save you from a lot more headaches in the future.
  • kashkash Member Posts: 11
    Thanx for the Alex for the adv.