Bank Opening entries.

ameenameen Member Posts: 217
I would like to the know the process of opening enties. let me know how can I do opening entries in NAV.I have 100000 INR opening balance of Bank ‘ABC’. How to update this amount to Bank ‘ ABC ‘ and how to update this amount to G/L account.Even I created a suspense account.
Even I read thissolution in MIBUSO I could not under stand .
Opening entries in MS Dynamics-NAV 4.0
I need some bab y steps and detail explanation to solve this issue.
Suppose if I create a suspense account , Is it possible to delete that suspense account from Chat of accounts. How to delete. Even I try to delete that suspense account but I could not delete.

Thanks and regards.
ameen

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    You should not delete the suspense account though technically you can.
    The only thing you need to post is select the suspense account when entering opening balance of G/L trial and then another entry
    Bank account Debit
    Suspense Account Credit

It is the case where there is debit balance for the bank else the accounts should be reversed.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • ameenameen Member Posts: 217
    Thanks Mr Ssingla,

The problem is How to upda te in G/L account . for example I have 100000 INR . So it has to update in Bank account and G/L account.
    How to that one. I need some detail explanation.
    Please consider this query as a learner query. Throw some detail explanation step by step.
    Iam expecting a cool message from u.

thanks
    ameen
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    edited 2007-12-04
    I've never had the need to create suspense account when entering opening balances.
    Entries are normally created this way in the General Journal:
    Dr Account Type Bank <---updates Bank Ledger & G/L
    Cr Account Type G/L Account (the G/L Account that the bank is tied to in the Bank Posting Group) <---updates G/L

Note that you'll have a debit & credit entry in the G/L & the nett effect is zero.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Bank Account .....Dr
    Suspense Account..... Cr

The bank ledger will be updated and then it will select the GL account based on the bank posting group and update the G/L account.

The credit entry in the suspense account will nulify the uploaded balance of bank account in suspense account at the time of g/l balances.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in