Slave Error 183 in Module 1

Amitava_MitraAmitava_Mitra Member Posts: 35
Hi,

we are facing a problem while opening a database. it is a live database (NAV 4.0 SP3 with LS Retail 4.02) and was working fine, but , suddenly showing the error 'The table does not exist any longer' at the time of opening the database and after entering username and password. It has created a text file named 'dbms_err.txt' in the same folder of the database with text 'SLAVE ERROR 183 in Module 1'. Navision 4.0 SP3 is installed and Windows XP is the OS. The same client is able to open the base database. The error is coming only in the case of our live database (being used as store database with LS retail POS operations). Can anybody suggest anything to resolve the problem. Its very very urgent as the entire store operation has been stopped for this.

Regards,
Amitava.

Comments

• QuasimodoQuasimodo Member Posts: 45
    I don't know, if this is of great help, when I give you the description of this error: #Err_OS_AllreadyExists (Module_OS,Err_Allowable(183)), when you enter net helplmsg 183 you will get: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.
  • Amitava_MitraAmitava_Mitra Member Posts: 35
    But the error must be for that particular database only as the same navision client is opening other navision databases in the same machine.
    how can I open the database?
    Close all Navision applications; than evoke the task manager and go to the processes: if there is a process slave.exe runnung, kill this process and than restart NAV.
    thanks for the help. But I have checked it and found no such (slave.exe) process is running. we have also copied the database to another machine where everything is working properly, here also it is showing same error. we are still unable to open it.
  • matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    thanks for the help. But I have checked it and found no such (slave.exe) process is running. we have also copied the database to another machine where everything is working properly, here also it is showing same error. we are still unable to open it.

hi

Try: clear your "temp" folder

bye

Eto
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
    problem not yet solved. there must be some problem in the database itself. we copied the the DB to other machines where other Navision databases are properly, but only this database is not opening and showing the same error everytime. we need to open it as we don't have the latest backup. ](*,) will it be possible? [-o<
  • Stardust77Stardust77 Member Posts: 95
    Sorry, but it seems to me that you will not be able to open it, ever. If there was an error inside the database, and a table is really missing, it's going to be bad. 8-[
    Try to open the database with the startup-option: readonly=yes