Lot No. in Phys.Inventory Journal

SuperSage77SuperSage77 Member Posts: 101
Hi all,

I use the Phys.Inventory Journal with the function "Calculate Inventory".

My Items have a Tracking Code . I don't obtain the Lot No. in the Phys.Inventory Journal in Field Lot No. .

How obtain that ?

Thank for help§

R.Weinling

Comments

• Revolution1210Revolution1210 Member Posts: 161
    This will require a modification. I have written code for both 5.00 and <5.00. Which version are you running? Will try and dig out some example code for you.

Thought MS might have made Calculate Inventory lot/serial aware in NAV 5.00 as standard, but no sign as yet :lol:
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV
  • WinfriedBarzWinfriedBarz Member Posts: 38
    Hallo,
    I have some problems in making a solution for an external Inventory. I export the phys. inventory journal togehter with the lot nos in an excel sheet. In the excel sheet the client can insert the counted qty.

But I have some problems while importing the file into NAV (I use Ver. 4 SP3)

Perhaps your code can help me. Is it possible to get some infos or code from you?
    Best Regards
    Winfried Barz
  • MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    SerNo and LotNo is realy a must when calculating inventory. And yes, there is no standard solution to acheive it.
    You should enter item tracking lines manualy, but practicaly it will be better if NAV inserts separated lines for same item with different Lotno (SerNo).
    You need customization or wait for M$ to add functionality.
  • luca62luca62 Member Posts: 1
    I've got a solution for this problem. I've develop a report that read excel file with item and lotNo and create a batch with all information needed.
    If you want send me an e-mail.
    Ciao
    Luca Mariani
  • MarcelMarcel Member Posts: 26
    Hi,

I have made a modification to report 790 and form 392. When the function calculate inventory is called, the field lotnr is filled. When there is more then one lotnr per item, multiple lines of that item are made.
    User can fill-in the actual inventory. When posting the journal, first the reservation entries are created and then the field lotnr in the item journal line is cleared(!). The rest of the posting process is normal.

Maybe this will help you
    Best Regards,

Marcel Bierens
  • Revolution1210Revolution1210 Member Posts: 161
    NAV 5.00 does actually allow you to run off a Physical Inventory List with a Lot/Serial breakdown.
    This can be used by the warehouse staff to do a stock take, the tracking can then be added to the journal in a normal manner.

The Calculate Inventory function can also be modified so that it inserts a new line per combination of item/lot/serial if required.

I've written an article detailing this modification here
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV