Credit Limit Warning for a Cash Sale

navpronavpro Member Posts: 2
Dear All,

Thanks for your replies. To clear the ambiguity, it is the case of a customer who has been granted a credit period (of 60 days) and has a pre-defined credit limit (of 100,000 of LCY). Whenever he exceeds his credit limit and still places an order without clearing the outstandings, the company requests the customer to pay in cash for that particular new sales order. This way the company is not granting additional credit to the customer and at the same time not losing the sale.

I believe, to address this situation, the possible feature/solution could be, in the Payment Terms, there should be a flag to distinguish between credit and cash sale. Alternatively, in the Payment Method there can be a flag to identify a "CASH" sale, or both.

Pls suggest best possible alternatives.

Regards
NavPro

Dear All,

During Sales Order entry a credit limit warning is supposed to pop up only for a "Credit Sale" of the customer and not for "Cash Sale".

Pls let me know whether anybody has addressed this problem earlier.

Product version is NAV W1 4.0 SP3

Regards,
NavPro

Comments

• washbowlwashbowl Member Posts: 15
    navpro wrote:
    Dear All,

During Sales Order entry a credit limit warning is supposed to pop up only for a "Credit Sale" of the customer and not for "Cash Sale".

Regards,
    NavPro

How can you let the system know it's a cash sale not a credit sale?
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    If the customer only purchases on Cash or you have made a dummy customer as "Cash Sale Customer" then define the credit limit as 0 and select the Payment Type which has the G/L account mapped to Cash Account. The cash receipt entry will also be passed at the time of posting of invoices.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    navpro wrote:
    Dear All,

Regards,
    NavPro

If the payment term is cash, then why not just set the credit limit to 0? This way, the credit limit warning will not pop up.
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    If the payment term is cash, then why not just set the credit limit to 0? This way, the credit limit warning will not pop up.

The credit warning appears at the selection of vendor or customer. How can it be possible to restrict it by payment terms???
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Deep wrote
    The credit warning appears at the selection of vendor or customer. How can it be possible to restrict it by payment terms???

I will leave it on Alex to answer.
    Master creation needs application of mind.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    :?: :?: :?:

Because it is not the case of permanent cash sale to a customer. May be the terms are one month or other, but this time the customer is paying in cash. It can happen.
    Regards,

Deep
    India