Allow Negative Inventory Quantity

CobaltSSCobaltSS Member Posts: 137
Hi,

I understand it's bad practice, but...

It's been awhile since I've used NAV, but I'm positive there used to be a little boolean check box that allowed an item, or location, or warehouse, or something to have negative inventory. But I can't find it. I'd hate to think I was confusing it with other ERP software I've worked with.....

Can anybody tell me where the checkbox is? We're using 3.70 database with a 4.0 front end.

cheers,

Answers

• MP_NAVMP_NAV Member Posts: 42
    I am not aware of a Boolean that allows negative inventory in a location, however if the Location is not warehouse managed, then NAV will allow for negative inventory qty.
    -MP
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    CobaltSS wrote:
    Hi,

I understand it's bad practice, but...

It's been awhile since I've used NAV, but I'm positive there used to be a little boolean check box that allowed an item, or location, or warehouse, or something to have negative inventory. But I can't find it. I'd hate to think I was confusing it with other ERP software I've worked with.....

Can anybody tell me where the checkbox is? We're using 3.70 database with a 4.0 front end.

cheers,

That checkbox was probably customized for you. Out of the box, to elminate negative quantity, you would have to enable bins.
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    perhaps you are remembers something a little different.

there is a stock out warning, check box in the sales and receivable setup.

this makes a popup warning appear if the transaction is going to cause you to go negative on an item

check it you get the warning, uncheck it no warning