installing two instances of NAV 5.0

asemberengasembereng Member Posts: 220
I want to install two instances of NAV 5.0 database server on one server. I did it with Navision 4.0 and is working perfect but i am having problems with NAV 5.0. Does NAV 5.0 supports installing another instance on the server?
I used the same ports and setting as the navision 4, that is after uninstalling them. I also used different settings; different ports but having the same problem.
It claims of my host and service file but i think thats not the issue because i am using the same settings as that of the navision 4.
Please help me out. Thank you.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And have you some error message or some more details about the "why it is not working"?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • asemberengasembereng Member Posts: 220
    Yes anytime when start the instance service from the services.msc it says error 1: incorrect function, service cannot start on the local machine.
    I have got one of the instances services but the other is not working.
    And also i have the changes on a client machine. When i ping the instances of the database server i do get reply but only one of the instances connects the other does not because its i think it is because of the error message i do get when starting the services from the server.
    thank you
    Thanks everyone i just solved it. I didn't direct the exe to the correct file, realised it and changed it and it worked.