Renaming a record

vikkivikki Member Posts: 28
Hi

In the customer card other than Editable property is there any way to block the customer

That is when Iam entering a new record the fields should be editable, once a record is entered then it should not be editable

I tried with (if not cust.find('-') then currform.editable:=true) it is not working
Thanks

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    vikki wrote:
    That is when Iam entering a new record the fields should be editable, once a record is entered then it should not be editable

What's your plan if a change to an address or phone # is needed?

You can also make it editable or not based on super user rights or not.
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    If you use the number series to assign the new customer number, then you can make the field not editable on the form and it will still be filled in on an F3 insert new record. even though it is not editable.

I am assuming that is what you mean, since the renaming record only applies to the customer no. field, not the remaining fields on the table
    Hmmm, so you think it's all about the cust# only.

when I saw currform.editable I thought he wanted to lock down the whole form.
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    Savatage wrote:
    Hmmm, so you think it's all about the cust# only.

when I saw currform.editable I thought he wanted to lock down the whole form.
    not really sure, but between the two of our answers we should be able to find out.

I have done a form, for new customers that the users access from the regular customer card, which I made non-editable, they press a button which open a blank new customer card that they edit and close when done. It is not full proof, but it handles most everything.
    a simple message on the Customer Table does the trick too.

OnRename of the Customer Table I have.
    ERROR('You are not allowed to rename Customers');

Works fine