Permission Problem

JennyJenny Member Posts: 12
Hi everyone:
We are using:
1) NAV version 4.0
2) MS SQL
3) Standard security
4) Every time we load new objects or change permission after, we run the synchronize

I can't run same report ( no permisson to read G/L entry) after i loaded objects that include G/L entry. and still using same license.

I am super user and using a Windows login (Super – this role has all permissions). My colleague is using the exact same permission through Windows login as well. But he is Domain administrater in our company network. he is able to run this report. We are connecting to the same database, same licence and same Citrix server.

We are using standard security, how we can change to Extended security?

Help!
Thanks
Jenny

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    As Domain Administrator, your colleague is also a member of the SQL Server Administrator Role (SA). This grants full access to anything runnig on that server regardless of Navision permissions. That explains why it works for your colleague.

I don't think Enhanced Security will solve you issue.

When you synchronize, what SQL Roles (server and DB) does the user (doing the sync) belong to?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Be sure, that the name of the table is really "G/L Entry". The message is using Caption for the table, and sometime some developers just copy some table and do not change the caption (just name). And this can lead to big problems in these situations. Check if there is just one table with caption "G/L Entry".

2) Are you using same license as your colleague?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    -Which SQL are you using? SQL2000 or SQL2005?
    -NAV 4.0 : which SP?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• JennyJenny Member Posts: 12
    We follow your sugestion, final everybody out of system and make synchronize then fixed this problem.
    Thank you very much.
    O:)