Know the name database

asieraiesasieraies Member Posts: 49
hello,

I want to know what's the database name when I've got Navision opened. I don't want to use the Information window because i need to read from an external program

Any idea??

Thanks

Asier

Comments

• KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi Asier,

you can use CONTEXTURL for this:

This is the help on it:

CONTEXTURL
    Use this function to return a context string that defines the current position of the running objects.

String:=CONTEXTURL
    String

Data type: text or code

Example
    Here are two examples of a context string:

[url=navision://client/run?database=filename&company=companyname]navision://client/run?database=filename ... ompanyname[/url]

[url=navision://client/run?server=servername&company=companyname&servertype=MSSQL]navision://client/run?server=servername ... type=MSSQL[/url]

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • rvduurenrvduuren Member Posts: 92
    Hello,

You can use hidden System table 2000000010 -> "Database File" field "File Name"

For the Server Name use the How2 http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=2
    Met vriendelijke groet, best regards,

Rvduuren
  • asieraiesasieraies Member Posts: 49
    Hi,

Thanks. I like contexturl. Do you know If I can read it form an external application??

Asier
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Asier,

Why? If you want to read this variable from an external application, you should already know the database and servername. You need those 2 names to connect to Navision.

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.