Permission problem

JennyJenny Member Posts: 12
Hi. Everyone:
I am using a Windows login and have the following permission (Super – this role has all permissions). My colleague is using the exact same permission through Windows login as well. When I run a customized report, I receive the error “you do not have permisson to read G/L entry”. When he runs the report, he is able. We are connecting to the same database, same licence and same Citrix server.
Any ideas?
An aside, if I login as a database user with the same permissions as above, it does work.
Help!
Thanks
Jenny

Comments

• vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    The licensce which u r using doesnot include G/L entry table permission.
    Vikram Dabas
    Navision Technical Consultant
  • JennyJenny Member Posts: 12
    Sorry, could you tell me, what mean U R?
    thanks
    sorry, i know what mean u r, i think my brain not working, because it is too late in canada.
    back the question, i export the license and loaded in the test database( it is same as real company database) i can run same report, ?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) NAV version
    2) MS SQL or Native DB
    3) If MS SQL, Standard or Extended security?
    4) Did you run the synchronize all?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • tihomirjurtihomirjur Member Posts: 21
    kine wrote:
    1) NAV version
    2) MS SQL or Native DB
    3) If MS SQL, Standard or Extended security?
    4) Did you run the synchronize all?

Yes,definitely check number 4 because you need to sychronize the user/s (depending on which security setup do you have) every time you change something in the role setup.
    We are using:
    1) NAV version 4.0
    2) MS SQL
    3) Standard security?
    4) Yes, every time we load new objects or change permission after, we run the synchronize?

I can't run this report ( no permisson to read G/L entry) was happen after i loaded objects that include G/L entry. and still using same license.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic closed because of double posting.This topic is continued in another topic:] http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22399
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

This discussion has been closed.