Permission Problem

matias_jaurematias_jaure Member Posts: 157
Hi Everybody,
We have a permission problem on the license that should be used on production.
When we post an order, we insert some records in G/L Entry for deferral porpouses, this is a customization made by us. With our developer license we have no problems, but with the license that our client buught it gave us an error: "there is no permission to insert in G/L Entry table" or something like that.
Any idea how tyo aboid it? or any idea what we should ask the client to buy??

Thanks!!

Matias

Comments

• shrekutshrekut Member Posts: 27
    If you are writing directly to the G/L Entry table (which is not recommended) then you will have to give the object that contains the code, permission to write to the G/L Entry table. Look to the properties of this object to set these permissions.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Hi Everybody,
    We have a permission problem on the license that should be used on production.
    When we post an order, we insert some records in G/L Entry for deferral porpouses, this is a customization made by us. With our developer license we have no problems, but with the license that our client buught it gave us an error: "there is no permission to insert in G/L Entry table" or something like that.
    Any idea how tyo aboid it? or any idea what we should ask the client to buy??

Thanks!!

Matias

For me it is signal, that you are creating the entries in your own code, instead to fill the G/L Journal by code and post the line through CU12!!! Please, look at it, do it in correct way, or you can mess up the main table of whole system! [-X
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • matias_jaurematias_jaure Member Posts: 157
    shrekut wrote:
    If you are writing directly to the G/L Entry table (which is not recommended) then you will have to give the object that contains the code, permission to write to the G/L Entry table. Look to the properties of this object to set these permissions.

Thank you! I do it and works!.. we create several records on G/L entry to deferral porpuses, it's the only way we have to do that, thank again
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Thank you! I do it and works!.. we create several records on G/L entry to deferral porpuses, it's the only way we have to do that, thank again
    What is the reason you cannot use C12?
    Like Kine wrote, you should always use C12 to write into the G/L entry table. At least this way you are sure it is done correctly. Also in future versions.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Creating journal lines and posting those lines is the way the entire application works. Please listen to us and redesign this process. Do not write G/L entries directly.