Error on Outlook synchronization on Nav 5.0

angelotkangelotk Member Posts: 12
Hello,

I have installed a version 5.00 SQL of Navision and I'm trying to synchronize data with Outlook 2007.

But when I'm in Outlook and that I click on "Settings" I get an error :"SynchronizationEntityFilter File is corrupted" and then "Object Already Exists"

I tried to uninstall and reinstall Outlook,NAV 5.00, NAS and Outlook Add-in but I still have the settings recorded somewhere but I can't find where!!!

Moreover, I have the famous message on the timeout when I test connection in the Settings in Outlook.I follow every single step to install but I can't find where it come from:
-I don't have business notification installed
-NAS is running with the OSYNCH parameter

Thanks to people who can save me from throwing away my computer!!!

Damien

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    There is bug in synchronization part of NAV 5.00. It will be solved in SP1. ut I do not know details about it.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • angelotkangelotk Member Posts: 12
    Ok thanks.

I still don't find one thing.If I uninstall Office 2007 and Outlook Add-In and that I reinstall it, when I click on "Settings", my last input are still here.

Do you know where this informations are stored?Maybe if I reset these, it will help me.

Thks
    May be it is some XML file in your profile (with .config extension like user.config). It is common way how the .NET apllications are storing the settings.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Exact.The XML Files are in the folder
    C:\Documents and Settings\MyProfile\Local Settings\Application Data\IsolatedStorage\usfflsnp.zcb\52vswo3a.t31\Publisher.wobgdc0ahsmraeplqqlxnqg12riflrpx\AssemFiles...(don't ask how I found this folder!!lol)

Anyway the file concerned by my error are here(SynchronizationEntityFilter, SYnchronisationConflict,etc...).I tried to delete it, there a reinitialized but still sthe same error.

When I open it, the files considered like corrupted are empty.Do you have any idea of a way to have this XML file with correct infos?

I tried to re-enter data concerning synchro in my NAV database but I don't think it modified this file.
    There can be more than one .config for the application. The application itself can have one config in the application folder, named <application>.config. If you want to know what the application read, you can use the Microsoft Process Monitor (procmon) to check which file and registry is read...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Thanks!!!!!I tried with procmon and I delete a key of cryptography of Microsoft(in a RSA directory) and it's(almost) ok.

I have only the "timeout" message remaining.NAV is connected to the database since it sees the companies but when I click on "Test connection" I have the timeout error.

I tried evrything I found on the forum without any success.I will seek on the procmon(maybe a miracle tool)
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    In Mic. Entrepreneur they have the same problem with the Outlook connection. I haven't heard of any solution yet.
    Does someone know what Outlook is trying to do when we click on "Test connection"?