BAConfigurator40 Access Violation

muratkarabekmuratkarabek Member Posts: 18
Hi all,

I have installed Navision 4.0 SP2 with Cronus Database, Business Analytics Basic and Business Analytics Client on Windows 2003 Server on which SQL Server 2000 SP3 and Analysis Services SP3 running.

All services are running correctly.

In Navision, in Administration>Application Setup>General>"Business Analytics Setup">Lookup Name field (DEFAULT)>BA Databases screen, i specify correct path for configurator (C:\Program Files\Business Analytics\Configurator\BAConfigurator40.exe). And then i click to update XML in Functions button. Everything's ok until now. When i try to start configurator by clicking Function>Start Configurator, configurator starts and gives the error message below:

Error during initialization

Access violation ad address 004D2428 in module 'BAConfigurator40.exe'. Read of address 00000028

I also re-install all the installation process over and over again, try something to fix this error, but i didn't success..

Can anyone help me?

Murat Karabek

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Download the latest Configurator version from partnersource.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • muratkarabekmuratkarabek Member Posts: 18
    I've downloaded the lastest version of BAConfigurator40_MSSQL2000.exe from PartnerSource but the same problem still exists?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    When re-installing, are you deleting the BA folder after uninstall (if still exists)?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Yes ofcourse and i also restart the server after uninstall.. Is there a way to debug the executable to see what the program is?
    I have solved the problem. The problem is in xml created by default cube definations. I have created a new template and a new simple cube, then started configurator, it works with no error..

Thanks..