Options

Copy Info from one table to another

kaotikkaotik Member Posts: 14
edited 2004-01-22 in Dynamics AX
How do I copy an contents from an active grid? I would like when a user selects a particular value on a grid, it copies the information to another table. How do I go about that?

Comments

• Options
    SbhatSbhat Member Posts: 301
    Hi,

You question is not that clear. I am not sure what you mean by grid. If you want to copy a value from one table to another there are many ways using various syntax like TRASFERFIEDS,COPY or by opening the destination table and using the modify command if the record existed in destination table.

If you could be more clear in your question that would be great.

Regards
    Suresh.
  • Options
    I want when someone selects a record on a grid from a table, that particular record is transfered to another table.
  • Options
    SbhatSbhat Member Posts: 301
    Hi,

Ok, in that case there are several ways to do this task. First, create a new button on the form and then write a code to copy record from the source table to destination table. Second method if the Destination table is same as the source table then just do a INIT and TRANSFERFIELDS and then INSERT.

Thanks
    Best regards
    Suresh.
  • Options
    How would I write a code to copy record from the source table to destination table? Would I use the SELECT statement then insert the data to the other table? How does the other table know that the data being inserted the selected data from the main table?