Sending business notification

SavithaSavitha Member Posts: 56
Hi,
I am trying to work on business notification.
can anyone tell me which is the trigger executed when a flowfield is changed.

The scenario is to notify a vendor when amount is deposited into his account.
When a transaction is posted, balance in the vendor gets updated but code written in none of the triggers gets executed.
I want to know where shall I write the code to trigger a notification when amount is deposited.

Comments

• jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    As you indicated in your post there is a transaction posting process that is occurring. I think this would probably be the best place for you to put any code relating to the transaction...which would include sending any notifications. This keeps it as close to the domain of the transaction as possible.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • SavithaSavitha Member Posts: 56
    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Its still not clear to me where exactly to write the code.
    can u explain me more clearly
  • Revolution1210Revolution1210 Member Posts: 161
    As jlandeen said, it sounds like the best place for you to insert your code to trigger a Business Notification is at a suitable point within the particular posting process that you're interested in.

A FlowField doesn't have a trigger as such that you can hook into, it is calculated on-the-fly when you launch a form.
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV
  • jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    Well if you're processing a vendor payment you will be running through a posting codeunit.

So I'm assuming that you would start with the payment process at the Payment Journals form. This is where a user runs the suggest vendor payments or inserts payment lines themselves. Then from here you would hit post to actually start the transaction. If you open up the form in designer, the Post function is linked to the Gen. Jnl. Post codeunit. (should be codeunit 12). That is where you would want to put code to handle the transaction as that would be the main posting codeunit involved in your process. But as it's the main posting codeunit you should be careful where you put your code. If you've never modified this codeunit you should spend some time experimenting with it and reviewing the code to figure out how it is working.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • SrikalSrikal Member Posts: 17
    Business notification works differently.

Can you clarify the following ?

1. why do u want to use BN ?
    2. You can send an alert (message/ mail ) depends on the requirement when ever the amount field in VLE ( Table 25) changes from its previous value.

Hope this helps..

If you like to add BN into the picture, then u hv to install BN with all the necessary system requirements and configurations and THEN define an event in BN which notifies the corresponding users about the Vendor Payments.

Regards,
    Srikal.
  • darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    Can anybody tell me how to add new Business Entity and events in
    Business Notifcation
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan