Mutli level BOM

vivianlaivivianlai Member Posts: 22
Hi there

I need some advice on the how to get the system to inlcude items in the sub BOM in Order Planning.

Scenario :-

Created a BOM eg: Bicycle, with the following components :
front wheel, back wheel and chain assy where the front wheel is also a manufactured items and a BOM created with components,Rim & tyre. Both items card set to "Make to Order".

Create a Sales order for 10 units of bicycle, and create a prod order. Go to Order planning, calculate Plan. System will display the following items to be ordered :- front wheel, back wheel and chain assy.

Question : How to get the system to include components required for Front Wheel, ie : Rim & tyre...in the Order planning.

Anyone who knows to handle this situation, please help

Comments

• thinafansthinafans Member Posts: 88
    hai dear,

I thing it may be right try this

You no need to include the item in the order planning,from the released

prod.order go to Order  planning then you get the order

planning window from there expand the arrows.Then the all levels of

Rawmaterial will appear there.
  • vivianlaivivianlai Member Posts: 22
    thinafans wrote:
    hai dear,

I thing it may be right try this

You no need to include the item in the order planning,from the released

prod.order go to Order  planning then you get the order

planning window from there expand the arrows.Then the all levels of

Rawmaterial will appear there.

I have tried your suggestion... it cant work, the system never show items required for front wheel....
  • MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    If Planning order requests production, then you should create prod. order.
    After creating prod. orders, existing will demand new prod. orders and those orders will demand purchase.
    You have to repeat order planning several times.
  • vivianlaivivianlai Member Posts: 22
    Malajlo wrote:
    If Planning order requests production, then you should create prod. order.
    After creating prod. orders, existing will demand new prod. orders and those orders will demand purchase.
    You have to repeat order planning several times.

Thanks, i just tried this method and it works. By the way, do you know how many sub-level of BOM can NAV handle ? cos i tried to create a BOM with 5 levels of Sub BOM as follows :-

WIP1 -components : Raw Mat 1 & 2 }
    WIP2 -components : WIP1 & Raw Mat 3 }
    WIP3 -components : WIP2 & Raw Mat 4 } All set to Make to order
    WIP4 -Components : WIP3 & Raw Mat 5 }
    FG - Components : WIP4 & Raw Mat 6G }

Created a sales order for 10 pcs of FG, create Product order A. Goto Order Planning, select Make order for WIP4 in production order A, a new production order B created. run calculate plan, system display components WIP3 & Raw Mat 5 under production order B. Repeat the same process, select make order for WIP3, production order C created. Run Calculate Plan, systems display components WIP2, WIP1, Raw Mat 4 under production order C.

Question : I am expecting the system to display components WIP2 & Raw Mat 4 in Production order C. When i select make order for WIP2, then the system will create another production order .. but now the system is giving all componets required in WIP1 , WIP 2 and WIP3 together.. when i select make order for WIP1 & WIP2, system did display components required correctly. Is it because NAV can only support up to 3 levels of sub BOM ?
  • MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    You can have maximum of 50 levels in ver. 4.0
  • Stefano_Ces.Stefano_Ces. Member Posts: 2
    In these cases (a lot of Multilevel Order), it's hard using Planning Order..... but Planning Worksheet! (of course you need License)