running into a problem with purchase header already exists

qqtofuqqtofu Member Posts: 49
Hello

we are trying to create a purchase order, but keep getting the error message "Purchase Header already exists, Identification fields and values: Document Type='Order', No.='HM23229-09' "

the problem is the only link to the HM23229-09 is a back door PO we created for a different SO already, and has nothing to do with this PO creation. but why is not creating PO# HM23229-10?

thanks!

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    qqtofu wrote:
    back door PO

I'm gonna assume here that this is your problem.

You manually created a PO but that did not increment the Number series, so now when you try to create a po using F3 or Requsition worksheets it's getting stuck.

You have to go into any po->drill into the number series and bump it up 1.
  • qqtofuqqtofu Member Posts: 49
    we actually cannot change the back PO number

and we are getting the stuck when trying to create the PO phase, so the PO has not even been created.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    also I was just wondering if the next # in the number series was a number that is already existing. If you know what I mean
    Hi Alex, not sure what you mean by setting up filters.

yeah the next number *09 is already made in our back end long time ago, but now is jumping to that from *08, like it skip the knowledge knowing that *09 is already in the purchase header table made before but no connection.
    the system doesn't know when you manually make a number that it should jump over that number if it falls in the number series range.

This happens to me when I import EDI orders. If someone manually enters the sales order no instead of using F3 that the number series is not incremented. So when I try to impor tthe orders - it stops.

So I drilled into the number series from the order card Click the Series button & then Lines.

I manually fix the series whereit should be, then the problem is usually resolved. You can then uncheck the option to allow manual entries. If you need to allow manual numbers - have them use a different number from the regular series.

my 2 cents
    hmm not sure if we on the same track, but F3 only get us this HM23229 number in the SO No.

but we stuck on trying to create PO on one of the entry within the HM23229 SO, the last known one was HM23229-08 on the PO No. field. The entry we want to create should have a HM23229-10 on the PO No. field if it run fine. But it stuck on the creating phase with an error saying HM23229-09 already exist, we check and that HM23229-09 was one of the old dummy PO we created in the purchase and payable order selection, so it does not have anything to do with our SO we try to create. But right now is not jumping that number, so not sure how is F3 matter thought in this case.

cause we just go to function button at the bottom of the SO and select create purchase order afterward, during that creating phase, that is when the error happen.
    OK sweet, i just found a resolution,

just had to enter the sales document no in the dummy/fake/old PO

and it catches on during the creating with the new SO that there is such PO exist in the database, so it incremented LOL

thank you everybody for helping
    my mention of SO was just an example.